Tips and Takeaways on Handling a Resort's FB Page for 8 Months.

I currently have two clients and they are my longest clients so far. And I realized that I haven't been talking enough about my work or ...

I currently have two clients and they are my longest clients so far. And I realized that I haven't been talking enough about my work or the things I usually do as a social media manager here so, I decided to post and share this. This can also help others as well. I know a lot of people that are trying to get a break in the freelancing industry and this can be a small thing that can add up in their information bank.

Anyway, since August last year, I was hired to make and handle the Facebook page of a newly opened resort in Nueva, Ecija. I know, it's quite far from me who's in Cubao, but the materials are ready for me to make contents of. I started from scratch. Built the page, and make sure it was optimized. I have the creative freedom for the content since the owners are really not particular about it. They just need someone to manage the page so that the business will be visible online and people can reach them through it.

Out of all the businesses I handled, this one, I think, is the most I am proud of. Maybe it's because I was the one who made it from scratch. My past clients already have their own respective pages when I was hired and taking it over is a little tricky. 

1. I put the name of the location of the resort in the name of the page.

At first, I only used the exact name of the resort, but later on, decided to edit it and put NUEVA ECIJA next to it. It's a detail that I know will prove its usefulness in the future. After some months, it did. People who are probably searching for the keywords RESORT IN NUEVA ECIJA can see the page first with other older resorts that also have NUEVA ECIJA in their names. When it happens, they will click on the name and will check the timeline of the page.

2. I post 2-3 times a week to keep the page active and I am still improving.

Yeah, I know this is given. But the content I put out is improving as time goes on. I think that having the creative freedom in handling this page is something that I am thankful for. People who will check the page have to know that the business is open, or that they can reach out to the page because they saw that the page has a post that day, or a few days before. It means someone is maintaining the page, so they can confidently send a message and expect a response.

3. Did not receive the code for google maps registration yet, so I made a link to the location.

I have been trying to put the resort on google maps since a few months ago, but the CARD that's supposed to arrive where a code was written did not arrive. We're still waiting. But I was pressured since the owner really wants to be put in google maps and I actually agree. Since the business is new, and the town where the resort is located isn't that big and well known, google Maps should help the customers that want to go. So I had to do something. I went to the location in my Google map app, labeled the place, and then generated a link. Now, that link is what we use to send the customers that are asking for the exact location. It is also the link I put in the captions and the automatic response in the messenger.

4. I set up auto-response in the message.

This is also given, and I update this sometimes since some information such as the rates, contact numbers, and contact person is changing. This is a life-saver not just for me, but also for the customers. They can receive the answer quickly and I don't really need to monitor it that much especially when I see in the notification that the question is something that the auto-response will answer.

5. I did not go crazy over having many likes/follows.

As I said, the owners are not particular about these types of things which is great. But although I was quite chill about this, of course, having likes/follows builds credibility so I still post CTA (call-to-action) captions as well as in the contents I am posting itself to LIKE/FOLLOW the page. Even in the messages but I make sure that it's not in annoying way. And getting a few likes organically is still the best way for the page to grow. We currently have 600+ likes but they're all organic, real people.

6. Joined a few groups wherein I can share a few posts every once in a while.

I joined relative FB groups wherein I can appropriately share some of our content. It was nice that someone even commented that "finally, a resort from *this place* since I haven't seen one yet" because it means we're reaching the proper audience/target. I think this move and the number 1 move are the main reasons why despite not having a lot of likes/follows on our page, we're receiving an average of 2-3 messages a day.

So... yeah. Hope this one helped. Haha. 


You Might Also Like

0 Comments