Hallyu Corner: KPOP Concerts I Attended This 2023.

2023 is an eventful year for me. If you've been following me or know me personally, you know that I have been a KPOP fan since late 2007...


2023 is an eventful year for me. If you've been following me or know me personally, you know that I have been a KPOP fan since late 2007. So it's safe to say that I am one of the oldies. Given that, I know a lot of KPOP groups even way back and I supported them in simple ways that I know and I can. When KPOP groups started to come here in the Philippines, the only ones I saw were B2ST/BEAST now H1GHLIGHT in their meet and greet in SM Megamall and 4MINUTE in Trinoma more than a decade ago.

Aside from that, I can't recall any event that I deliberate went to that involves any KPOP group. It's just me, I am really not into crowds and events. Although it's ironic since I am a blogger and I do attend events I am invited to, attending a concert is a different thing. Besides, there were times that I am focused on other things that I just get to hear news about what's happening in the KPOP world.

But 2023 is different. The 4th Generation KPOP boy groups has got me on chokehold. And it kind of motivated me to at least experience going to concerts for the heck of it.

GLITTER: 2NE1'S MINZY (June 4, 2023)



I was tired because I came from a get-together with my friends prior to attending and it started late, but when Minzy came out, the energy she gave off made me forget that I have no energy anymore. Minzy gave it all. I still remember how I was so amazed that she only leaves the stage for a few minutes then emerge after a while in a different attire but still having the energy to dance the night away.

It was a very amazing experience. I was like "Damn, Minzy, aren't you tired?" because the whole duration of the three hours concert, she really slayed the performances. She's so energetic and her energy radiates towards the whole theater!

I love how she looks so happy performing and how she really appreciates all the fans that was there to see her. This one's for the books. Minzy prooved she's the 2nd Gen's Dance Queen of Kpop.

BUNDLES OF CHARM: Cha Eun Woo X Dunkin (July 2, 2023)



When Dunkin Donuts announced that Cha Eun Woo will be back in the Philippines, I couldn't get over the fact that the opportunity just presented itself to me. This year, Cha Eun Woo just climbed back into my "bias" list (he's been there since 2018 or something) and I just wanted to be there.

I know, being in the GenAd section is too freaking far but I chose to be there because I just want to be a part of this event and to see him even if it's too far. I did not regret it!

I just think that he's still not ready to enjoy at that time since we all know that one of his closest friends and group member, Moon Bin, just passed a few months prior so its understandable that he seems a little out of it. But work is work, and I can also understand that he has to be there.

You can watch my quick cover of the mini concert here:


BE YOU 3: CIX | Lee Min Hyuk (Huta) of BtoB | Nam Woo Hyun of Infinite | APink (July 23, 2023)





Aside from CIX, I know all of the other guests so this one is a nice thing for me to watch. I got a good seat in this concert and I really enjoyed it. I am also glad I got to know CIX because I learned that I actually already heard their songs (Cinema and Movie Star) and although one of the member is injured, I really appreciate that he still participated despite just sitting while singing. Now I started to get to know them.

It's refreshing to see Nam Woo Hyun again. Its obvious that he enjoyed the crowd. He performed a lot of his songs as he was the first to perform out of all the guests there.


I needed to put this out there. Haha!

Huta or Minhyuk's first two songs were really entertaining. I was not expecting to see him take his shirt off because of it but on the third song, well, expect the unexpected. This happened. Everyone in the event cheered and he loves it!

Apink is the last to perform. I got a bit emotional because I saw how they were really happy to be there and how glee they look while performing. They talked a lot, which to me, means that they really miss their fans and communicating with them. They promised to come back because they really want to perform again infront of the Philippine fans.

J CONCERT: Kim Jae Joong (July 28, 2023)




Kim Jae Joong is my first ever bias since I entered the KPOP World. Yes. This beautiful man is already making waves as a member of TVXQ/DBSK in 2007 and believe me when I say that I got really emotional to the point that I cried when he sang I WILL PROTECT YOU as the last song before he said goodbye.

Quick background: Jae Joong is the second male lead in the Kdrama PROTECT THE BOSS with Jisung and Choi Kang Hee. This was in 2011. Oh my gosh, I am still shaking while typing this because I remembered when he sang it. Haha. Given his role, he sang one of the OST of the Kdrama titled I WILL PROTECT YOU. It's my favorite out of all the OST then and now and hearing him sing it live is like a dream come true.

I'm so happy that at least I got to see him and watch him perform live.

BREAK THE WALL MANILA: Ateez (September 16, 2023)




This is one of the highlights of my year. I have never wanted to attend a concert his bad. I wanted to see them live and I made it! I also got my cousin, who is really a hardcore Atiny and the one who accidentally introduced them to me, her ticket so we can watch and scream together.

Aside from the fact that this is my MOST WANTED CONCERT TO ATTEND TO, this is memorable because I thought I wouldn't be able to attend when my digital ticket just got deleted from my email. Good thing that my friends retrieved it from me. I hated that the data signal within Cubao is really bad. We entered when it was just minutes away from starting.

I am still glad we were able to be there in time beforethey performed their opening song, HALAZIA.

I posted this here now because I know I will not be attending any more concert or fan meet before 2024. Hahaha. What's your favorite concert you attended this year?


You Might Also Like

0 Comments